MYTHICC formed October 22, 2017 as two guilds, Ascendant and Inertia, merged together. The founding of the guild was brought about because both guilds were desperately in need of each other for raid groups and, upon clearing mythic content together as separate guilds, decided to make it official by joining forces.
Since then, MYTHICC has been more than just a raiding guild. It’s been a place where friendships have grown and even love has blossomed. We don’t consider ourselves a guild. We consider ourselves a family. That is because we treat each and every member of the guild as a valued partner in our continued success.
MYTHICC has a place for you. Whether you’ve been playing World of Warcraft for the last 14 years and you know everything about every class that could ever be known or you’re a fresh-faced newbie that still watches boss videos the night of the raid, we can accommodate you. That is because we want to grow our family and our community and show the world that World of Warcraft isn’t a toxic wasteland and that people can still be the best of friends and work together to progress through tough content.
As a result, we have become a safe haven for anyone who has ever been persecuted in a raiding guild, or in life, for being different. We have a zero tolerance policy on racism, sexism, homophobic, and other offensive types of speech and expect our members to adhere to the same code of conduct. We want you to feel welcome here. Because that’s who we are.
MYTHICC has several goals that have been set over the course of the time we’ve been together a guild. Every member of MYTHICC knows these goals exist and is a crucial part of helping to bring them to life. These goals are as follows:
- To create a community of people that enjoy playing together and don’t feel like raiding with eachother is a job but, rather, a privilege.
- To create an environment of growth instead of stagnation. We push our new players and challenge our older players to continue to be better every day.
- To achieve as much progression as possible through serious raiding and offer an alternative to those who don’t wish to, or cannot, dedicate the time to raiding as seriously as they’d like.
- To do this without compromising our beliefs that everyone is an equal partner in success and everyone deserves the chance to shine in their roles.
If you are a part of MYTHICC, you know these are the things that our leadership team strives for and, if you ever feel like this is not the case, you should let us know.
MYTHICC Code of Conduct
Every member, especially leadership, is expected to adhere to the following standards. MYTHICC holds itself to a high standard of keeping offensive messages out of our in-game channels, out-of-game communities, and voice over IP communication systems. Below are these standards.
- No member is to use language or post imagery that is offensive in nature such as: pornography, racist, sexist, or homophobic remarks or imagery, or things meant to insult those with disabilities. Members who do not follow these policies will find their messages deleted, their abilities to speak diminished, and possible removal from the guild.
- Every member is welcome here from the latest born player to the most seasoned veteran. As such, light-hearted ribbing is allowed but no member should be subject to prolonged insult based on their ability to play a game we are playing together. We encourage growth, not stasis, and it’s every member’s duty to help foster that growth.
- Every member is held accountable for their actions. If you see a conversation that does not belong in our community, is your duty as a member to 1) report it and 2) not take part in it. Taking part in something is just as bad as starting it and will come with the same consequences.
- Guild drama is outlawed and publicly arguing about something in a manner that could be considered hostile is forbidden. If you have an issue with a member of our guild, do your best to resolve it privately. If the issue escalates, contact a member of our officer team to seek mediation.
- The most important rule of all is to do your best to have fun in this game we love and hate to play. If there is anything between you and having fun playing with our guild, please let us know so that we can do our best to rectify it.
Following this code of conduct will ensure your prolonged involvement with our guild and you too will get to take advantage of all the benefits we provide.